Thursday, May 7, 2009
That's exactly happened last night during the Lakers Rockets western conference semi finals game 2. Kobe elbowed Artest while they both went for a rebound and Artest got called for the foul. Artest got into Kobe's face after talking to the refs and got ejected of the game.
What was Artest thinking when he confronting Kobe? It's a known fact that the refs are constantly watching Artest ever since the Auburn Hills incident when he was with the Pacers and he is always goign to get an unfair call when he does something wrong.
I don't think he has done anything severe in the last 2 years. Isn't it time the Refs stop seeing him as a Hothead?
Derek Fisher got ejected after a flagrant 2 on Luis Scola (maybe he shouldn't mess with anyone in a Lakers uniform) and Fisher has been suspended for Game 3.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Ilgauskas missed 2 entire seasons in the 11 years he was in league due to injuries, so this accomplishment came 2 years late.
Ilgauskas has averaged 14.4 points, 7.9 rebounds and 1.7 blocks for his career.
His contract ends the same year as LeBron James and gives 1 of the teams with the highest payroll some relief in this bad economy.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Golden State Warriors coach Don Nelson has started it and have got impressive games from rookie Anthony Randolph who is considered as the next Lamar Odom, It doesn't sound as good as next Micahel Jordan but finding a big man who can handle the ball, play the post and take mid range jumpers are hard to come by.
Pacers are very unlikely going to be out of the playoffs for the third consecutive season but this hasn't made him start the youth movement. He is not going to hand out minutes to his youth but expects them to earn it by playing hard during practices and his ojb is to win games or he says.
Coaches get fired in the league very often and with 2 failed seasons under Jim O'Brien, will he see himself unemployed end of the season or is he trying to save himself by trying to win some games with his usual rotation.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
"I didn't feel I needed to be in a big market to achieve greatness or even to win a championship. It was all about trying to create a mentality of having a dynasty here. We started doing that. I think we were one or two players away from doing that."
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Kaman started at the 5 position and finished the night with 6 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists and 4 turnovers playing right under 30 minutes. Marcus Camby came off the bench and scored 8 points and had 7 rebounds.
LeBron James played an all round and has a triple-double and finished with 32 points, 13 rebounds and 11 assists helping the Cavs outscore the Clippers 35-16 in the 4th quarter to get another win.
From Blaze of Love
Game 1 - April 20, 2005 - Blazers 106-103 - Box Score.
- No idea how the Blazers won this game. Kobe went off and the Blazers still had Ruben Patterson.
- Maybe the fact that Pritchard was the interim head coach at the time and is quoted as calling Ha Seung-Jin a part of the Blazers' "future".
- Oh yeah, Kobe was also without Phil and Shaq.
Game 2 - January 11, 2006 - Blazers 113-103 - Box Score.
- Again, another head scratcher. Kobe goes off for 41 and the Blazers rely heavily on Juan Dixon and Ruben Patterson?
- Always nice to end Kobe's streak of 45 point outbursts. (Not that anyone should be bragging about giving up 41.)
- The Lakers will likely blame this one on Smush Parker, but we're going with the Von Wafer sighting off of L.A.'s bench.
Game 3 - March 1, 2006 - Blazers 99-93 - Box Score.
- The common thread here seems to be Kobe going off for 30+ with the Blazers still winning despite having one of the worst lineups in NBA history.
- I can't believe Krhyapa started so many games for Portland.
- The Rose Garden crowd returns?
Game 4 - November 8, 2006 - Blazers 101-90 - Box Score.
- Brandon's mysterious heel injury sidelines him...Blazers still win. Seriously, none of these make sense.
- Zach has a big game and we see how awful Andrew Bynum is yet no one complains like they do with Oden.
- The recap actually talked about Zach dropping pounds and becoming more dedicated. (hahahah.)
Game 5 -February 29, 2008 - Blazers 119-111 - Box Score.
- The official beginning of the new Blazers. Roy and Aldridge pairing up for a big win.
- This was the Lakers squad that was on its way to the NBA Finals.
- Great time to end a Lakers' 10 game win streak.
Game 6 - April 8, 2008 - Blazers 112-103 - Box Score.
- The future is now.
- There was even a Channing sighting!
Well does Rose Garden make a difference for the Blazers against the Lakers. Yes it does and the Blazers proved that tonight with the win against Lakers.
Blazers 111-94- Boxscore.
Blazers rookie Rudy Fernandez was carted out after being fouled by Trevor Ariza in the third quarter
Monday, March 9, 2009
Garnett is out with a sprained right knee
Allen has an injured left thumb
Scalabrine has post-concussion syndrome
Davis and Rondo with sprained right ankles
Davis and Rondo will miss 2 games before they make their return and KG will be out for 2 more weeks.
Stephon Marbury will make his first start as a Celtic on wednesday against the Heat and few of the bench players will have to step up and make a difference for Celtics to come out with a couple of wins.